The skin is the largest and most visible organ of the body. It reflects
the health of the body and acts as a barrier against injury and bacteria.
Unfortunately, at one time or another, nearly everyone has some type
of skin disease - infants, children, teenagers, adults and the elderly.
One in six (15%) of all visits to the family doctor (GP) involves
a skin problem.
Common skin diseases include:
- Skin cancer
- Fungal infections
- Psoriasis - In India more than 100,000 people are affected
with this skin disorder.
- Acne affects every teenager to one degree or another.
- Tenia (Hand dermatitis), resulting from external contact
detergents and household chemicals, affects most
with young families.
- One in six of all children develop Atopic Eczema
- One in five persons suffers from Cold Sores (Herpes Simplex).